Carolina는 미국소재의 바이오 회사 입니다.
Carolina is truly one of the most extraordinary companies in the world. We work in partnership with educators and scientists to provide everything needed for science education, including:
- Living organisms including butterflies, drosophila, freshwater fish and much more
- Preserved specimens from each of the 5 kingdoms
- Materials for Life Science, Chemistry & Physics and Earth & Environmental Science
- Anatomical models and skeletons
- Laboratory equipment and supplies
- Microscopes and prepared microscope slides
- K-8 Curriculum programs, including the Science & Technology Concepts Program™ (STC Program™)
- Teacher resources including classroom activities
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Lab & chemical safety information
- Genetics materials
- Books and charts
- Biotechnology kits & materials
- Tissue culture materials
- And thousands of other items
Our trained biologists culture and ship over 30 species of protozoa, 150 types of bacteria and fungi, more than 130 kinds of algae, and numerous plant tissue cultures. We also maintain and culture over 75 strains of Drosophila melanogaster, the common fruit fly, for the educational market. Students throughout the country can selectively breed these organisms, gaining actual hands-on experience in genetics. Those who prefer plant genetics have a choice of more than 15 crosses of corn.
Our products also have been used by the scientific and health communities:
- Doctors needed medical leeches during surgery to reattach a person’s severed ear. We supplied the medical leeches, which prevented the blood from clotting and rejection from occurring.
- NASA scientists wanted to test moon rocks for the presence of life. They required luciferase, an enzyme found in fireflies that reacts with ATP (a molecule found in all living creatures). We supplied the luciferase.
- Astronauts aboard the Space Shuttle Columbia tested flatworms for regeneration in the zero gravity of space. We supplied the planarians.